Wage Lists for Joiners and Sawyers 1759-85
During the rebuilding of Arley Hall, 1755 - 1763, a group of joiners was regularly employed to make the floors, doors, skirtings and architraves, etc. They were paid monthly and there are samples of their timesheets. The wood used by these joiners mostly came from the Baltic in thick deal planks and baulks, in addition to a few local trees that could be found. The wood had to be sawn up before it could be used so there are also two sample bills from sawyers.
From 1776 until 1785 Mark Wynstanley employed a number of local carpenters to do the Estate's work. There is a sample invoice for most years.